11 Sep In the event your house is in need of fix, your landlord may need to do the repairs you want.
To learn more regarding the landlord's obligation to complete repairs, see Repairs in rented housing.
Re Payment of funds and loans
Generally speaking, a nearby authority does not have to spend a grant or loan within any particular time period limit. Nevertheless, in the event your regional authority's own rules set time frame, it should spend you through this time period limit.
If you possess your property
If you have applied for a loan to create house improvements you are capable of getting a national federal government loan to aid with interest re payments. This might be called 'support for mortgage interest’ (SMI).
You might get SMI if you’re getting:
- Universal Credit
- Pension Credit
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Help Allowance
- Earnings Help
You’ll should also check out the improvements you’re making are covered by SMI. They’ll be covered if you need to result in the improvements which means that your house is fit to reside in, and you’re:
- Repairing your home heating - like changing your boiler if it is broken
- Setting up one thing to help you prepare and prepare meals - just like a hob or range
- Installing a bath, shower, washbasin, toilet or sink
- Installing electric lights or sockets
- Setting up a means to keep gas or trash
- Installing drainage
- Repairing an unsafe framework like your roof
- Damp-proofing or insulating your property
- Supplying outdoors or light that is natural
- Adjusting your property for a disabled individual
- Supplying split rooms for a child and woman aged 10-19 - when they reside to you and also you or your lover have the effect of them